Hello people, 
I hope I dont bore you with my blogs, but as I am an Artist/ Photographer it is a good exercise for me to explore other artist, particularly female artist. It inspires me and gives me fresh ideas so that I can grow. It triggers my creative mind, provoking new ideas from an. image.

Today we are looking at  a french artist - Juliette Roche (1884–1980)  a French painter and writer who associated with members of the Cubist and Dada movements. She was born in 1884 to a wealthy Parisian family. Her father, Jules Roche, was a prominent member of both the French cabinet and avant-garde art world. Other strong connections to the art world were manifested in her relationships with her godmother, Élisabeth, Countess Greffulhe, and her father's godson, Jean Cocteau.[1] She was married to Albert Gleizes, a cubist painter and writer, in September 1915.[2]


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juliette_Roche

In 1913, a groundbreaking year, she showed her work at the Salon des indépendants, and began writing poetry, inserting clichéd phrases, such as advertising slogans, into the poetic fabric. She also began experimenting with innovative typography, which would become even more iconoclastic in 1917, with her pieces Brevoort and Pôle tempéré. Her first solo show took place at the Bernheim-Jeune Gallery in 1914. When war was declared, Roche and her future husband, the cubist Albert Gleizes, confirmed pacifists, traveled to New York, where Duchamp introduced them into the circle of collectors that included Louis and Walter Arensberg.

http://www.awarewomenartists.com/en/artist/juliette-roche/

I couldn't find very much info on her which is a disappointment how ever what I got gives you some idea. I personally would have liked to see more of her work. 

She might have a book maybe I might investigate that.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog